POOL PARTY SAFETY
The weather is good! It’s the perfect time for Pool Parties!
But to minimize drownings even further, we need to pay more attention to prevention. Lifeguard services save lives, reduce drowning rates, and prevent injuries in water recreational situations.
Supervising a group of children around water, such as at a pool party, is particularly difficult. Between pool toys and splashing it can be hard to see all areas of the pool. It is also very different to supervising your own children while they are swimming.
If you’re hosting a pool party, there are some important things to consider.
- The children at the party will not be familiar with your pool, so explain the rules and layout of the pool to them.
- Different children have different swimming abilitiesand you may not be aware of the skill level of each child you are supervising.
- It may be hard to see all areas of the pool, with pool toys and splashing water impeding your vision.
- It can be easy to become distracted by one child, diverting your attention from the other children in the pool area.
- Invest in a Life-guard, Swim Africa offers life-guarding services for pool parties. For more information, contact us on 0729201544.