Every swimmer must have the opportunity to swim in appropriate, quality competition to enable them to achieve their true potential. (“Success is long term” – Swim England)
What are the benefits for children taking part in competitions?
Children from the age of 5 compare skills they have with others, and when they get to age 8 or 9 start to understand competitive play.
The benefits of children taking part in competitions are:
- Children become competitive, as they refine and practice skills, and develop co-ordination and cognitive abilities
- It helps to develop healthy attitudes about winning and losing
- Children learn about their abilities and limitations
- Children learn to participate in team events as well as an individual
- Children learn about rules of sport
- It can encourage growth and push children to excel.
Have you registered for the upcoming event on 12th February, 2021?
Reach out on 0729201544 or 0790143951 to register.